- Bennett, P.; Hinder, H; Cater, K. Rekindling Imagination in Dementia Care with the Resonant Interface Rocking Chair CHI 2016
- Mitchell, T.; Bennett, P.; Madgwick, S.; Davies, E. & Tew, P. “Tangible Interfaces for Interactive Evolutionary Computation” Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, ACM, 2016, 2609-2616
- Bennett, P.; Hinder, H.; Kozar, S.; Bowdler, C.; Massung, E.; Cole, T.; Manchester, H. & Cater, K. ”TopoTiles: Storytelling in Care Homes with Topographic Tangibles” of CHI, 2015
- Bennett, P.; Knibbe, J.; Berthaut, F. & Cater, K. ”Resonant Bits: Controlling Digital Musical Instruments with Resonance and the Ideomotor Effect” of NIME, 2015
- Bennett, P.; Nolan, S.; Uttamchandani, V.; Pages, M.; Cater, K. and Fraser, M. ”Resonant Bits: Harmonic Interaction with Virtual Pendulums” of TEI, 2015
- Seah, S. A.; Martinez Plasencia, D.; Bennett, P. D.; Karnik, A.; Otrocol, V. S.; Knibbe, J.; Cockburn, A. and Subramanian, S. ”SensaBubble: A Chrono-sensory Mid-air Display of Sight and Smell” Proceedings of CHI, 2014
- Eagle, S. & Bennett, P. “Exploring the Internet of Things: An Interdisciplinary Workshop Approach” Proceedings of the 27th International BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference, British Computer Society, 2013 pdf
- Wolf, K., Bennett, P. “Feelable User Interfaces: An Exploration of Non-Visual Tangible User Interfaces” In Proceedings of the Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction Conference, Barcelona, 2012 pdf
- Fraser, M., Bennett, P., Knibbe, J., Davies, R., Dade-Robertson, M. and Earl, G. “Making Time: Defining Rhythms in Archaeological Research” Digital Futures 2012 pdf
- Bennett, P., Fraser, M., Balaam, M. “ChronoTape: Tangible Timelines For Family History” Proceedings of the Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction Conference, 2012 pdf
- Bennett, P. “The Representation and Control of Time in Tangible User Interfaces (Summary of PhD Research)” TEI’10, Proceedings of the 4th international conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction, Cambridge, MA, January 2010 pdf
- Gurevich, M., Stapleton, P. & Bennett, P. “Designing for Style in New Musical Interactions” NIME ’09 Proceedings of the 9th international conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression, Pittsburgh, June 2009 pdf
- Bennett, P. & O’Modhrain, S. “The BeatBearing: a Tangible Rhythm Sequencer” Proceedings of NordiCHI 2008: 5th Nordic Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (electronic proceedings), 2008 pdf bibtex
- Bennett P., O’Modhrain, S. “Towards Tangible Enactive-Interfaces” ENACTIVE’07, Grenoble, November, 2007 pdf bibtex
- Bennett, P., Ward, N.; O’Modhrain, S. & Rebelo, P. “DAMPER: A Platfrom for Effortful Interface Development ” NIME ’07: Proceedings of the 7th international conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression, New York, June 2007 pdf bibtex ACM
- Bennett, P. “PETECUBE: a multimodal feedback interface” NIME ’06: Proceedings of the 2006 conference on New interfaces for musical expression, IRCAM, Centre Pompidou, 2006, 81-84 pdf bibtex ACM
- Bennett, P. D. “Hap-Kit: A Haptic Interface for a Virtual Drum-Kit” The Symposium for Cybernetics Annual Research Projects, University of Reading, June, 2004 pdf bibtex
- Bennett, P. D. “Hap-Kit: A Haptic Interface for a Virtual Drum-Kit“, Masters project report, 2004 pdf bibtex
- Bennett, P. ”Magical Patter and Guerilla Demonstrations with a Portable Collection of Resonant Bits” of Object Outcomes, workshop at CHI, 2016
- Bennett, P.; Cater, K.; Nolan, S.; Knibbe, J. & Fraser, M. Tangible Gestural Interaction with Resonant Bits” P of Workshop on Tangible Gesture Interaction, TEI, 2015
- Bennett, P., Davies, R. and Fraser, M. “ChronoTable: interacting with the Rhythms of Research” In “Avec le Temps! Time, Tempo, and Turns in Human-Computer Interaction workshop at CHI’13 pdf
- Bennett, P. and Fraser, M., “Slow Technology is Inefficient but Resilient” In the “Slow Technology” workshop, DIS 2012 pdf
- Marshall, M.T., Bennett, P., Fraser, M., Subramanian, S, “Emotional Response as a Measure of Liveness in New Musical Instrument Performance“, In the “Exploring HCI’s Relationship with Liveness workshop at CHI 2012 pdf
- Bennett P. “The Representation and Control of Time in Tangible User Interfaces (Designing Musical Instruments for the Manipulation of Temporal Media)
- Feelable User Interface demonstration at TEI’13 (see above for paper)
- ChronoTape. Interactive demonstration at TEI’12 (See above for paper)
- BeatBearing. Interactive Demonstration at NordiCHI’08 (See above for paper).
- DAMPER. Interactive demonstration at NIME’07 (See above for paper).
- PETECUBE. Interactive Demonstration at NIME’06 (See above for paper).
Talks + Panels
- 13th September 2016 “Resonant Bits” at Unfixed Workshop. [blog] slides available as html (with video) or pdf
- SXSW 2016. Panel. “Subtle Interfaces for Calm Tech“
- Tangible Timelines at the Temporal Design Workshop, Edinburgh
- “Tangible User Interfaces – Introduction and Workshop” Invited talk at Mälardalen University College, Västerås, Sweden
- “tangible timelines”. Invited talk at Muthesius Kunsthochschule, Kiel, 12th July 2013 slides (pdf)
- “ChronoTape: a tangible timeline”. Lunchtime talk at the Pervasive Media Studio, 22nd February 2013. write-up of talk slides (pdf)
- “Making Research Activity Tangible. An introduction to the ChronoTape and ChronoTable.” Research Colloquium, Quality and Usability Lab, TU Berlin, December, 2012 slides (pdf)
- “Sketching for Stylistic Interactions”, adapted from the “Designing stylistic interactions” workshop. Talk given to the “Adventures in Interdisciplinarity” MA module. SARC, Belfast. 11th October 2008
- “Physical Sketching” adapted from above, but including a short physical sketching excercise at the end.
Available to view on slideshare.
- How to build your own BeatBearing – MAKE magazine. [web]