Just realised that I haven’t had a big list of links on my homepage for a really long time. Going to use the coronavirus lockdown to update my website and get an old-school style directory of friend’s websites. Can recommend making yourself a coffee and spending some time looking through them all! May get around to organising them into categories at some point too. Please send me a link to your site if I haven’t already included you!
Friends doing interesting things:
music // sounds
- Leon Trimble (Chromatouch) – VJ, live coding, algoraves, modular synthesis, owner of the Chromatouch dome (the one in the woods if you’ve been to Shambala festival)
- Fabian Huss – musician, session and touring drummer, drum lessons and choir leader.
- Chris Menes – theatre sound design, composition and modular synthesis.
- Sophia Kinston (Tailor Birds) – Electronic violin, live looping, future folk.
- Ross Labiak – Logarithmic Rhinoceros, angular electronic metal.
- Karl Sadler (Bloop) – Totterdown based plastic-free cleaning products and sound design.
- Ryan Walker – guitar tuition in Bristol and guitarist in the Rin Tins and Ruby Two Shoes.
- Rikard Lindell – composer of electroacoustic music, experience designer, code artisan, and associate professor in computer science focusing on interaction design.
- Andreas Bergsland – Music, music-technology, live electronics, composition and sound design.
- MDM Charlotte (DESOLATE) – live music and events specialising in analogue electronic acts.
- Ada Hoel – Norwegian noise performer and producer.
- Polly Gannaway (Basement Orchestra) – orchestral music in unexpected places.
technology // art // research // games
- Robin Price – artist and Musician focussing on “interactivity and technological interventions”.
- Becca Rose – art, technology, lecturing, electronics, e-textiles.
- Coco Sato – giant origami, creative technology, workshops, art.
- Jens Ewald – code, hardware, exploring how the Internet of Things can become healthier and more trusted.
- Yiota Demetriou – UX research and product design. Novel storytelling devices made with heat sensitive materials.
- Jamie Cox – coder, web developer, tutor, code clubber, expert player of games and organiser of psychedelic rock.
- Christian Schratt – Art, media, video production, part of the Schmiede crew.
- Peter Ayres (Beep Studio) – Architecture, design, public art, education.
- Seb Madgwick (x-io technologies) – embedded sensing solutions including the excellent x-OSC wireless IMU.
- Diana Lindbjerg – art, sculpture, thoughts of/on/off.
- Sayer Hilton (Yamamoto Studios) – Software engineering, systems architecture and security and keen netrunner.
- Stefan Goodchild (Triple Geek) – Creative coding, motion graphics, interaction design, VJ, musician and Vectrex wizard.
- Tijs Ham – audio visual musician and instrument designer.
- Charlie Brassley (Two Beard Games) – Games designer, tabletop gamer, creator of “Ministry of Extramundane Affairs” (and brother in law!)
- May Abdalla & Amy Rose (Anagram) – immersive digital experiences, theatre and storytelling.
- Simon Alexander-Adams – multimedia art and design, generative art, interactive installations, audiovisual performance.
- Rachel Freire – art, design – fashion, costume and garment technology.
- Jonathan Chomko – art, choreographed performance, colour – working with and against technology.
- Luke Woodbury – creative technologist, installations, Pi based Smart Speaker Networks and electronic birdsong.
- Robbie Thomson – Visual art, music and theatre. Tesla coils, silicon prosthetics and soft robotic sculptures.
visual // illustration // graphics // painting // photography
- Antony Valenti – graphic design across digital, experiential, print, brand and moving image.
- Phil Wrigglesworth – illustration, lecturing and unconventional cinematic adventures.
- Luke Oram – artist and Illustrator. Epic sci-fi, fantasy, album art. Demon Go player. Hit him up for a game!
- Serena Curmi – artist, painting and illustration. Portraits and imagined landscapes “marked and mottled with memories and histories”.
- Tina Altwegg (Winged Fox) – Illustration, animation and design and excellent swing dancer!
- Liam Cullen – lead and environmental artist in the games industry.
- Rhyannan Hall (Oxidate Design) – Textiles, art, Japanese shibori dyeing, workshops.
- Katarzyna Deptuła (Lundi Creative Studio) – Photographer and videographer in Iceland.
- Simona De Leo – art and illustration, including “of animals and musical instruments” picture book and swing dance calendar.
- Phoebe Holman – filmmaker, producer and editor of independent documentary films.
- Dave Bain – illustration, art, graphic design and DJ’ing.
- Ant Jolliffe – photographer specialising in weddings (he did ours last year!) and D&D enthusiast.
- Marie Atina-Goldet – Bordeaux based illustration, art, graphics and engraving.
- Amani Omejer – words, stories, illustrations, zines.
- Alec Stevens – art, sculpture, research.
- Manon Pichon – cinematography, image, dance, music.
- Eylul Dogruel – art, photography, digital media, illustration, graphics.
- Fiona Rourke – materials exploration and experimental production processes.
- Holly Hewitt – designer, maker, multidisciplinary artist, design for navigating emotions.
- Davy & Kristin McGuire – multimedia art, projection mapped installations and miniature scenes.
creativity // words // coaching
- Kate Maxwell – Bristol based creative coach for writers, directors and performers (and also my cousin!).
- Ben Maiden (The Maiden Standard) – Bristol based copywriting and also a keen netrunner.
yoga // meditation // movement // sport
- Carrie Brassley – yoga, vinyasa flow … and my wife 🙂
- Michelle Toll (Flow with Shell) – Bristol based yoga, acroyoga and amazing food.
- Hannah Buddle – Swansea based personal training, sports massage therapy and acroyoga.
- Jan Tabaka – Bristol based personal training, acro-yoga and bachata dance.
- Yoshi Ono – basketball shooting coach.
- Neil Morbey (Positively Mindful) – meditation and mindfulness classes, courses and workshops.
miscellaneous // other
- Bethan John (British Blanket Company) – rugs, throws and blankets.
- Mercedes J Hanratty (Breastival) – Normalising, celebrating & supporting Breastfeeding in Northern Ireland.
- Amanda Challans – record breaking ocean rower, adventurer – workshops and consultancy.
- Sally Reichardt – acting, voice-over, motion-capture, breakdancing.
Groups I’m involved in:
- Control Shift – A group of creative coders in Bristol and the surrounding area. We ran Processing Community Day Bristol last year.
- Creative Coding Club – First and third Mondays – we’ll be moving online for a while. Link to follow!
- Bristol Patching Circle – Meeting up second Monday of the month at Elevator Sound (online for the foreseeable future though!).